orion XTR 900/2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i cant understand where my power is going i cant find it anywhere.

i have 12v on the center leg of the power supply and 12v on the torridial transformer. i also have 12v on the first leg of Q44. and the 3rd leg of Q45.

other than this i cant find < .5v anywhere else and i cant see anything else burnt any ideas?

i have 2 big caps that are 3300uF 35v and when i put my ESR meter on them they start super high around 4 and over ~1 min it drops to .07. is this normal? what does this mean?

also i replaced the transistors in the blue boxes

Attachments

• 100_0456.jpg
    100_0456.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 91
  • 100_0457.jpg
    100_0457.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 98
  • 100_0458.jpg
    100_0458.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
the A56 at location Q44 is attached to a black strip thing with 8 pins on it that i have never seen before and i dont know what it is. the base (the middle leg) is attached to this thing. i tried to draw lines showing where everything goes to

MPSA06 location Q45

E - 0
B - 0
C - 13v

i just want to make sure that according to my picture that the emitter is on the left the base in the middle and the collector is on the right

Attachments

• 100.JPG
    100.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 101
im using a 5A 13v PSU and i have the big resistor inline in the power in.

i never manage to measure the power supply or the outputs succsesfully when they are all in place. i never trust my readings. should i start pulling it apart?

they arent getting super hot like i have seen in the past where within a second i have smoke. over about 3 mins they are getting warm. im not sure if there is a difference

alright ill try but it looks the same as when i have tried in the past
leg 1-3 i get 60 ohm and all the others i get around 1M ohm this is only on the outputs and i get the same for all of them. im not sure if i can "close them" with the piece of wire and these numbers are so different from testing them individually. i guess i should look for something < 5 ohm?

im using a 5A PSU

and the resistor i dont know the size but i got it according to your website.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.