ADS POWER PLATE P2110.2 20TH ANNIVERSARY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
would anybody happen to know where to get the push buttons for the x-overs? in the first pic you can see one fully intact button & 2 broken buttons with wires soldered across the contacts. i picked it up from a guy a few months back on craigslist & i haven't even checked it out yet but i noticed the buttons missing. it's not absolutely nessecery but i would to have the amp in as nice condition as possible (for my collection).

thanks

Attachments

• ADS2.jpg
    ADS2.jpg
    667.9 KB · Views: 155
  • ADS1.jpg
    ADS1.jpg
    951.4 KB · Views: 122
  • ADS4.jpg
    ADS4.jpg
    621.6 KB · Views: 127
as of now im not getting any output from the amp. the power supply seems to be running fine and all the outputs are getting rail voltage but no signal. before i go any deeper ill probably wait on the new switches to get in and installed.
does anybody know if ads is affiliated with orion in any way? i just noticed a piece of an orion lable on the inner heat sink, it appears to be insulating the led leads from the heatsink.

Attachments

• 042711114506.jpg
    042711114506.jpg
    501.4 KB · Views: 85
Remove the jumper wire it looks incorrect. The switch when pushed in (turning Crossover ON if I remember right) make contact like the first pic. The switch when out (turning crossover OFF) makes contact like the second. I may have it backward, but the wire should NOT jump accross the rows.

Attachments

• Switch IN.jpg
    Switch IN.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Switch OUT.jpg
    Switch OUT.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 38
Were there traces that went to the switch terminals on the top of the board under the switch?

If so, the vias to them may have been pulled which prevented getting a good connection to the switch.

Whenever you pull a component (especially if the board could be damaged), I'd recommend photographing the traces under the component before reinstalling it. That way you'll know which traces go to the various terminals and you can use a meter to check for continuity.

my mistake... the amp appears to work beautifully! when i was checking for an output signal i was touching my scope probe on the screws on the wire terminals. the problem is that the screws don't actually make contact with the outputs until a speaker wire is screwed into place. anyways all the crossovers and other preamp functions appear to work great along with the rest of the amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.