Memphis Car Audio MC / 16-ST1000D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I picked this amplifier up from a friend and have no history on it. I figured it was the usual irf3205 FET's so being a noob I replaced them and it did nothing.

Here is what I know

When I got it there were several things wrong

1. the power led looked like it exploded and burned. - Replaced
2. One of the spade connectors that holds the fuse was broken off - Replaced

now that all of thats done here is whats going on

1. No audio output.
2. amplifier power light stays on regardless if power is supplied to the remote or not
3. the protect light flashes for a split second when it has the power removed ( dont know if thats an issue or not)

Start a new thread and post the DC voltage on all pins of the TLx94 IC on the power supply driver board. Place the black meter probe on the amplifier's ground terminal. Place the red meter probe on the point where you need to measure the voltage. Copy and paste the following list into your reply.

Pin 1:
Pin 2:
Pin 3:
Pin 4:
Pin 5:
Pin 6:
Pin 7:
Pin 8:
Pin 9:
Pin 10:
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14:
Pin 15:
Pin 16:

Ill be posting that when my friend gets out of church today. all of my soldering and test equipment is at his workshop.

I can tell you I have fixed many memphis st1000d's and the newer version the 1100, if there is something wrong in the n channel there is always something wrong in the p channel, did you check the 9640's and 640's? also on the vertical board where the TL is there are two npn's they drive the 3205's the part number is a1266 check those they almost always go bad, if your getting bad readings on your 3205's you can bet those went bad sometimes just one will go bad and half the 3205's will have a good reading and the other half wont, and make sure your resistors the 22 or 23 ohm ones connected to the 3205's are within tolerance and make sure everything is right before powering it up, it is not a forgiving amp, if those two A1266's are bad and you tried to power it you could have very well burnt out the 3205's again as well as anything in the p channel

Last edited:
all of them read 22ohms with my multimeter. I'll be replacing them as well. I may just rebuild all of the board and see what happens. I really love these amps and want to see it back operational. pm me your number. I would love to chat with you for a minute on this amp as there are tons of them busted around here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.