Xtant 1001d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
lol, i think my firefox 4.0.1beta got screwed up by the microsoft updates, lol..... andyways, ie9 opened it...... i see it's cooked pretty good, but are you able to get any numbers or other info off/about it? i remember a little while back there was a site or 2 i found that had all kinds of transformers. have you tried contacting xtant directly, or through a dealer? times i have had good luck through a dealer, and it was easier/cheaper than i expected to get the part on my own.... other times i have found exact parts on the pegboard at radio shack, but that was back about 10 years ago, and sheer dumb luck, so idk if they still throw common production parts out there.

Actually yes I have thought of it, want to give me help getting started, what do I need to do, this one has red and green wires wound around it then at the bottom i think there is 10 leads going into the board, I have read a bit about rewinding inductors, hard to remember I know the flux around the wire and the thickness of the flux is important as well as the thinkness of the wire and the number of winds.

This isn't an inductor. It's a transformer with a single primary winding and possibly two center-tapped secondary windings (if it's the same as similar amps). Although I won't tell you that it's impossible to do, it would be VERY difficult to get it right.

The coating on the wire is generally referred to as enamel or by the name of the material being used (polyester, polyimide, etc...). Although there is flux around wire when the transformer is in use, it's magnetic flux and not visible. The other flux is in the core of solder and aids in getting a clean solder joint.

Are you measuring a single strand or a bundle?

Are you reading inches or mm?

The dial/digital caliper is probably better. If the wire isn't perfectly straight, it won't allow a good reading. the thin/beveled part on the caliper jaws will give the most accurate reading. You should try to find a place that has no solder and no insulation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.