Crossfire amp help please cfa-602

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok jfets q217, q215, q115, q117 are pulling 29 volts at idle the rest are at 24 volts at idle at the gate. ok correct me on the right terminalogy q112, q113, q212 and q213 are the transistors the work with the fets pullin 29 volts and is there a problem with 4 volts difference wait i guess there would be thats what is shutting down the tl494 right? Any suggestions would be greatly apprieated

Last edited:
q217 q215 q115 q117 (29 volts) with remote voltage applied bipolar

q116 q111 q120 q118 q218 q222 q121 q216 bipolar (24 volts)

I am wondering what the transistors connected to each bipolar is the small ones q112 q113 q212 q213 I am pretty sure they are pnps but what do they do?

Last edited:
You need to write in complete, precise language if you want others to understand what you're trying to convey. For example, what does 'with remote voltage applied bipolar' mean?

The smaller transistors function as drivers, predrivers and as part of the differential amplifiers. They consist of both NPN and PNP bipolar transistors.

Which terminals did you measure the voltage on?

Sorry perry was using the battery post

doing it the right way middle leg of the fets there is a ten volt difference
q217, q215, q115 q117 26 volts
the rest are at 36 volts

Remote voltage is with amp powered up at idle with the + and - and the remote hooked up no speakers or nothing hooked to the rcas

black on non bridged speaker termial red on middle leg of the bipolar transistors

Last edited:
For the channel with the 200 series parts (Q2..), there had to be an error. The three outputs of each part number (d718, b866) have their center legs directly connected by large traces. The voltage on those legs must be identical. If they are not, you have a burned trace or the voltage changed between the time you measured one then the next. Re-check them.

yeah

Well now I think whatever was making the amp go into protection has stopped being intermintent, I have +10 volts on the drain of all the z44's and +.50 volts on the gate, but the amp quit going into protection, the z44's are getting very hot so can't leave the amp on to long to try to figure out what is causing them all to get hot

Last edited:
OK pulled the bipolars out and got voltage readings
3 d718's right side of amp
base collector emitter
-22 +22 +.03 all three same
3b688 same side
-22 +22 +.03
left side d718
+22 +22 .00 all three
b688
+23 -23 .00 all three

amp is still in and out of protection with bjf out of amp
Looks like left side 718's are getting wrong polarity on the collector.
would it be a diode? Plus the voltage on the emitter on the right side?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.