Kenwood sub build..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This project got dropped in my lap!......As it seems I'm doing all the work here.
My brother-in-law got himself a new car....& a system is in the works.
He bought this Kenwood sub...KFC-W3010. Running the calculations I got an EBP of 72....could go either way as sealed or ported. We opted for sealed...trying to get that very last Db down low. As it stands the trunk space is very limited & a giant box was not to be. Running the numbers for a Qtc of .707 I got a volume of 1.23 cubic feet.........Now I allways thought an increasing box size for a Qtc approaching .5 was counter-intuitive, conversely a smaller box to get less damping approaching .707. So we have a box with internal volume of 1.68 cubic feet for a system at appx. .645
We have no MDF available here, but there is a 'High density fibreboard"
12.5" by 13.5" by 17.25" .....VERY small enclosure. He has some gigantic amp to bridge to approach the max power "rating" of this driver. He has a so-called subwoofer output from the head unit & I was wondering if the head outputs are rolled off. I have a 10 henrie coil I can give him, but I don't think he will like the very deep roll-off this coil will give him.

More pix to come!! Back to buildin' stuff!

____________________________________________________Rick.........

Attachments

• Wood1.JPG
    Wood1.JPG
    459.6 KB · Views: 57
  • wood2.JPG
    wood2.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 60
  • Kenwood.jpg
    Kenwood.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 55
Done.....

Well here it is...pounds rather hard, the remote output is down, so I just bridged it for now. Another shop routed the RCAs' Power & ground was just run to the body in the trunk.
My brother-in-law has to run it back to the installer for the cabling. I'll jump my coil in there so he can see just how different it will sound.
Keep ya posted.

____________________________________________________Rick.............

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.