Rockford Fosgate Power 450S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't think it's the RCA ground because the ground generally affects at least two channels. To confirm, you could unplug all RCAs and touch the center conductor to the center conductor terminals on the back of the RCA jack to see if it does the same thing.

If not, I'd suggest pulling the outputs out of a good channel to see if the faulty channel will work right with known-good outputs.

Well I can try replacing the ouputs again maybe one is leaking? I bought 350 of each 540 and 9540 all were new and sealed manufacturer is IR. I bought them from a well trusted electronics whole seller on ebay. I have never had any issues with the outputs I have purchased from this seller.

I will try your advice to eliminate bad outputs.

Could a leaky output cause this issue??

The 500m was drawing current when it would make the loud noise same squaling like this one is doing. I changed the switch and it quit. Its worth a try i guess. That was a mono amp thought and this is a 2 channel so wouldnt it affect both channels not just one? Could it possibly affect only one?

Yes I have seen a few like that. Always wondered why, now I know. I will put in a new switch later today and let you know the result.

As for that power 360a2 it seems to have similair problems like the 400a4 did. Maybe I should be checking resistors that are even a little out of tolerance.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.