Rockford Fosgate Power 450S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Scope settings 5 v/d 5 us crossover set to full range gains at max 100hz sine wave

1st pic 1/2 volume 15
2nd pic full volume 30

Attachments

• Punch 400a4 output pics 001.jpg
    Punch 400a4 output pics 001.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Punch 400a4 output pics 002.jpg
    Punch 400a4 output pics 002.jpg
    952.6 KB · Views: 38
Yes. Set the timebase to show 3-4 complete cycles. Try adjusting the trigger level to get it to trigger properly. Unless you're using two probes/inputs, it should only have one waveform.

Whenever using the scope, unless you have a good reason to do otherwise, adjust the timebase to display 3-4 complete cycles. Set the vertical amp so that the waveform is deflected between 2 major divisions and 4 major divisions (the top of the graticule).

If both channels perform the same with a load, it's not likely a driver issue.

Are you sure that you don't have an intermittent connection on any of the components between from the drivers to the gates of the output transistors?

Ok Perry think I have what you want.

Scope settings:

20 vol/div

1 ms

100hz test tone

first pic is 1/2 volume 15

second pic is 3/4 volume 25

Is this the clip signal you wanted to see?

Both channels perform identically.

Attachments

• Power 450S clip 001.jpg
    Power 450S clip 001.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Power 450S output 001.jpg
    Power 450S output 001.jpg
    841.1 KB · Views: 51
Wondering where I should go next? Its like the squaling stays for a few seconds, draws some current then you hear a pulse like the amp is turning on and it goes away. It makes the same sound when you disconnect the remote wire but only for a second. Almost like a screech. Only the one channel does it though. I must me getting some serious feedback for a few seconds somehow, just not sure. Maybe the IN4003's ? Is there a way to check the rca ground shield other than a wiggle test?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.