Memphis 16-mcd1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i got the power supply going but when i attempt to power it up it pulses on and off. i noticed the large caps C241 & C271 (200v 33uf non-polar) and c61 & C64 (80wv 4700uf) were buldging a bit but not vented. i removed and checked them, the 33uf caps measured 1 @ 32uf & the other @ 22uf and both the 4700uf caps were @ 4100uf. also i was checking the outputs and the 9640's all measured @ .800v (red probe on drain and the black on source) with diode check and 1.5m ohms on resistance. is that ok? i ask because i have new 1's on hand and they measure @ .500v & 2.5m ohms (that's what i usaully get).
was the 4100uf reading ok? the caps were at room temp when measured
also i was having trouble finding some of the 200v 33uf non-polar caps.

I am having the same problem with the same amp mine is a st1000d memphis, the problem i ended up having with it is the two I think they are zenner's right below the tl494, at least I think they are three legged smd mounted part. One of the legs is at ground the other one runs off the TL and the other one goes to the 1266 check that mine does the same thing and that is whats wrong just need to find a replacement

The diodes are not likely to be Zeners. They're possibly:
http://oldwww.kec.co.kr/data/databook/pdf/KDS/Eng/KDS226.pdf

Please leave a blank line after each question. It makes it a lot easier to find.

0.8 is a bit high for 9640s but not beyond what I'd expect to see.

The rail caps are probably within tolerance (typically ±20%). The 33uf is out of tolerance but not low enough to cause problems at idle if the readings are accurate.

If you pull the driver boards for the outputs, does the amp still go into protect mode?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.