The Punch 150 Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking to repair my old punch 150. Has a few componets that look to be burnt up inside the amp. Not sure what the technical name for them are but they have stamped on them "Buz11 R931" with the Motorolla logo on there also. This is going to be my first repair attempt on any amplifier and was looking for some guidance. I would like to know what I need to buy to get this thing pumping again. I believe it is an early 90's model amp 75 wats rms power at 4ohms. I think I managed to find the board number on it "Rockford cp PC-150 K3" PATENT#3883832 Thanks in advance for any and all help ya'll :D

Dont have a schematic in front of me so can you post a pic of location?

I have a Punch 150 here but it is a K1 model. Does the amp power up?

What are the issues the amp has? The power supply in the one I have uses BUZ 11 and the gates are IN4746 zener diodes. Sometimes Rockford used the same power supply FETS and output FETS.

Please post a pic or give a little more info.................Thanks

Pictures punch 150 k3

Thanks for the quick reply Sean, Sorry about the lack of info...I thought that I included three pics but apparently they didn't upload. I'n not 100% sure what the gates look like but from what I can see on the board no parts with the number IN4746. Sean, do you need a pic of the location of the BUZ11, or a pic of the schematic I will try to post the pics again.

396188766.jpg

396188765.jpg

396188762.jpg

396188761.jpg

396188760.jpg

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.