Rockford Fosgate Power 360a2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Perry I have a power 360a2 that I am having trouble with. Board # PC-2065-D. It had a faulty channel putting 24 vdc to the right speaker terminal. I replaced the output fets, emitter resistors, and the gates. Still same problem. I repaired 2 Power 450S's last night with the same issue. They had SMD resistors in the channel out of tolerance. I dont seem to find any out of tolerance. The fets are puttung 24 vdc out of the drains to the terminal. Any ideas?

It's probably not a good idea to address me directly. It may make others hesitant to help.

With the black probe on the source and the red probe on the gate of the output transistor in the defective channel. What voltage do you read for each of the outputs?

Wit the black probe on the amp's ground terminal, what is the DC voltage on the bridging terminal of the defective channel?

For both of these, polarity is important.

It's probably not a good idea to address me directly. It may make others hesitant to help.

With the black probe on the source and the red probe on the gate of the output transistor in the defective channel. What voltage do you read for each of the outputs?

Wit the black probe on the amp's ground terminal, what is the DC voltage on the bridging terminal of the defective channel?

For both of these, polarity is important.

Sorry about that Perry, kinda got into the habbit.

Q225 IRF540: 2.7 vdc
Q224 IRF9540: -.056 vdc
Q218 IRF540: 2.7 vdc
Q219 IRF9540: -.040 vdc

Bridging terminal of defective channel: -20.65 vdc

Post the DC voltage on all of the terminals of Q211, Q222 and Q213. Place the black probe on the emitter of each and note the polarity if it's negative.

Correct me if I am wrong you want the red probe measuring the terminals while the black probe is on the emitter?

Q222: 22.78 vdc
Q222: 3.427 vdc
Q222: 2.788 vdc

Q211: .518 vdc
Q211: .514 vdc
Q211: .526 vdc

Q213 I am unsure the numbers are all smeared together on the board and very hard to read I am PRETTY sure I am reading the right one.

Q213: .351 vdc
Q213: .003 vdc
Q213: .635 vdc

Are R274 and R275 within tolerance?

If you connect a speaker or dummy load, does the DC drop to 0v on the speaker terminals?

R274 and R275 read 20.3 ohms in the circuit. Do you want me to remove them to check?

No the dc voltage on the terminal does not go away when a speaker is connected, it sparks and makes the speaker jump. I held my meter on the terminal while hooking up the speaker and the dc voltage stays

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.