Rockford Fosgate bd 1000.1 Problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I have an account on the phoenix phorum, but I have a rockford fosgate amp with problems and I figured this would be the best place to go.

So I bought this amp for 100 bucks from a friend and he said it worked good. It looked like it hasn't been used in awhile. So I hooked it up and it seemed to play pretty well on my way home. Then I went inside to eat lunch and came back out to listen to my music and the amp went into protect and made the loud screech noise it makes when it goes into protect.

So I opened up the amp and I see that part on R45 was pretty much gone. It is black on the board. That seems to be the problem lol, but I don't know what the part is. I'm not sure if it is a diode or not. I found a picture on the net and circled what blew on my amp.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• Rockford Fosgate Amp.jpg
    Rockford Fosgate Amp.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 105
I ended up getting the same result. So do you think it is the RCA jacks?

You can check them by pushing back on then gently and looking underneath them to see if the ground pins are broken off the board. There are 4 pins on the board. Face the rca jacks towards you then gently push them back and see if they are broken by looking betwwen them and the board. The screeching you are describing does not really sound like broken RCA plugs. Usually when they are broken the sub will move and thump or pop alot. The part you replaced is a zener diode so its suppose to flow current one way only. Either something overloaded it or sent to much current back to it. Do you have a schematic?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.