Pioneer GMX-962

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
when i tested it i had constant 12V on the collector and DMM on emiter and it worked??
there is no polarity ? wether 12V is on collector or emitter it will output 12v on the other when ground is applied to the base ??
cause looking at the diagram and for a PNP it would come in from the emiter and go out through the collector and i tested it the oposite and it worked...

I hate using mica to separate the collector from the heatsink .. to much risks it fails ...
would you have another replacement for P55NE06FP ... with a TO-220FP case :\
i dont care if i have to buy 6 again and waste the others... its safer in my head..
unless you say that it should not fail if installed correctly...

The TO-220 transistor is BCE. The small transistor is ECB. It has to be reversed.

The mica insulators are OK. The clamping system used in this amp is the problem. The shoulder washers are marginal at best. You have to make sure that the transistor is lying perfectly flat after it's screwed down.

The IRFIZ48 is generally a good substitute.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.