Alpine MRV-1507

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I received one of these amps from a buddy of mine to test with my system. During inspection of the amp I noticed that the B+ output terminal was missing. So I asked my buddy about this and he said that some versions of this amp came that way (he purchased this amp used but had at one time bought one new). I haven't opened the amp up yet to see if anything is broken but from the outside it doesn't appear to have been damaged.

My question is did these amps actually have a version where this terminal was missing or should I be looking to repair this?

All the pictures I have found for this amp show two terminals for the A and B side outputs.

Thanks for looking and assistance.

Last edited:
I've got an MRV-1507 sitting right here so I took a picture for you:

IMAG0228.jpg

Your amp sounds damaged, but your friend may be right that you can use the amp without Ch2's + speaker terminal. Likely your friend would like you to bridge your amp from CH1+ to CH2- which would work for bridged sub application. The amp is supposed to have the terminals though and is worth fixing if you have the parts.

Perry, I'm definetly no expert but having to negetives feeding one speaker seems wrong to me. Could you please explain your reply a little more. To me I would think if any Channels should be connected they would be the positive of both sides or negetives of both sides.

Zeus, that is exactly what I have only with the CH2 + terminal missing. After work I'm going to take the cover off the bottom and see if anything looks amiss but from the outside it looks like it came from factory with this terminal missing.

I removed the bottom and end plate to get a better look at this missing terminal. While removing the end cover I noticed that the one screw on the inside was not the same as the other making me question whether this had been opened once before. With the covers removed I could see that it looks as though at one time there was a positive terminal at one time as there is a lump of solder on the underside that looks like there was a piece removed. And the negative terminal looks as though it was re-soldered as it is not as neat as the other soldering on the board. I guess my next question would be are these parts available and where would I get connector like this to replace the one that's missing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.