Punch 150 that is stripped, is it savable?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a old school 1st generation Punch 150 the one with bipolar 2N6488 & 2N6491 outputs. Anyway i was given this awhile back it was already broken, missing parts i just wan't to know if it's repairable, savable? I don't wan't to throw it out or nothing i'd like to see it working again.

I tried taking pics of it so i was using my HP laptop pics aren't top notch but it should give you an idea whats up with this amp.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20110328.jpg
    Snapshot_20110328.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Snapshot_20110328_1.jpg
    Snapshot_20110328_1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Snapshot_20110328_2.jpg
    Snapshot_20110328_2.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 83
It's likely salvageable if it doesn't have a shorted transformer. It WILL be time consuming, however.

I borrowed one of these to answer a question in another post so let me know if you need component values.

I don't think it does i applied power to it and it did nothing. I wan't to know what MOSFETs can i use in place of the original BUZ11's? and RFP18N10? (one of them has a broken leg). And it's missing emitter resistors, driver transistor, and a small transistor located in between the FUSES. Ohh and a filter capacitor.

I'll let you know if i need some values on anything. Thanks

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.