Vibe slick A3 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Theres no 12/14v volts on any other op amp. When the crossover is on flat the voltages read as previous post. When I switch to high/low the voltage starts low and slowy works its way to 14.2v(near supply volts) as if its a cap charging up? when i switch it back to flat it drops back to .2v?

Touching the pin with the meter may be causing a strong transient if there is a bad connection on it (or on any point along the trace it's connected to).

I can't tell what the solder blob is in the image. There are others in the center of wires that are basically jumpers to the other side of the board.

I see something that's VERY likely to cause problems. For each of the components that has solder on both the top and bottom of the board at the end of the component where the wire lead goes through the board, you need to desolder both sides, scrape (use sandpaper or a screwdriver) to remove the solder down to the copper on the lead and then re-solder them. Most amp manufacturers know better than to use this type of connection on CEM boards because they almost always cause problems with reliability.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.