TEC TV245 issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello gents,

I have a TEC TV245 car ampli. I mounted it in my car and it has worked very well first day. The sound is very good, it's a 2x45 Wrms.
When I powered down it at the end of the day, next day when I try to power up the car, the battery was completely discharged. I touched the ampli and was very hot, I think 60° - 70° despite it was powered off all the night !
I removed the ampli, recharged the battery that is remained charged.
There is a red light LED on the ampli to indicate it receive remote signal from stereo unit. when I power down the stereo unit, the ampli power off too. I tried other amplifiers and them do not suffer this problem.
I don't know what's wrong on this ampli, could someone have an idea ?

thanks
GB

Hello gents,

I have a TEC TV245 car ampli. I mounted it in my car and it has worked very well first day. The sound is very good, it's a 2x45 Wrms.
When I powered down it at the end of the day, next day when I try to power up the car, the battery was completely discharged. I touched the ampli and was very hot, I think 60° - 70° despite it was powered off all the night !
I removed the ampli, recharged the battery that is remained charged.
There is a red light LED on the ampli to indicate it receive remote signal from stereo unit. when I power down the stereo unit, the ampli power off too. I tried other amplifiers and them do not suffer this problem.
I don't know what's wrong on this ampli, could someone have an idea ?

thanks
GB

I am not very familiar with that amp but I had a Rockford Fosgate amp that did the same thing. When you powered it up it played fine and worked great but when you shut the stereo off the amp would stay on even with no remote power. If you unhooked the power cables and hooked them back up the amp would remain off. The culprit was a LM339D chip. Once that was replaced the amp powered on and off as it should. Look for that chip or an equilvalence that your amp uses and try replacing it. First check and see if the remote power wire from your head unit is shutting the power off to the remote terminal when you shut the head unit off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.