Rockford Punch 100ix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello this is my first post. I have a old rockford punch 100ix that I am repairing. The original problem was weak sound in one channel and a delay in the sound coming on. I replaced all the IRF540 output fets, I replaced the gate drivers, I replaced the emitter resistors, and still the same problem. The bias sets on the channel fine like it should. Usually when one of the surface mount components go bad it makes static or draws current. This amp does not draw current or make static, just weak sound in one channel. Something else though when you turn the amp off then back on it takes about 30 seconds for the sound to come on again. Possibly the pwm chip TL594C or the LM339?? Any help would be great.....thanks

Its hard to tell if its totally clean but to my ear it sounds clean just alot less output than the other channel. Yes I have a tec 465b dual channel but I am not very familiar with it and unsure what settings to use or exactly how to use it. I am self taught and have been reparing for about 7 years now speacializing in fosgate. I have always used my fluke 787 for everything. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks again....Sean

I use Irfanview. It's extremely simple with that program. You can either resize the image or reduce the quality. First try reducing the quality. When saving as a jpeg, you will have an option to set the quality. start with 85%. Go as low as 65 if you need to. If that doesn't get it down far enough, resize it. Use IMAGE >> RESIZE/RESAMPLE and set the size you want.

Im not sure if I did it right it uploaded after reducing size. Anyways here is the pic of my scope.

Attachments

• 465 scope revised photo.jpg
    465 scope revised photo.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
yes the gains are set the same but I am unsure how to drive a sine wave into the amp. I really have no idea how to use the scope i guess is what I am trying to say. What channel to use or what setting to use. I was hoping for some help on how to use it, just the basics for now. Thank-you

I guess I am going to have to dig through the owners manual and do some reading. I really dont know what I am looking for on the scope to determine distortion and/or how to use the probes. I am not 100% I even have it set as you said the volts/div is easy to set but the delay time is on the opposite side and doesnt seem to make a diiffernce where its set. Is there a switch or button to turn on the time delay?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.