Rockford Punch 100ix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
C103 and C102 Still remain the same reading nice wavey form about 1.5 divisions above and below the baseline

C109 nice wavey form 1 div above and below the baseline
C209 nice wavey form 2 div above the baseline and 3 divisions below baseline

U101 pin5: Nice wavey form 1 div below baseline
U101 pin7: Nice wavey form 1 div below baseline

U201 pin5: Nice wavey form 1 div above baseline 2 div below baseline
U201 pin7: Nice wavey form 1 div above baseline 2 div below baseline

I may be reading it wrong but when I say div i count 1 full square on the display, is this correct??

So the wave forms are greater on the one channel the strong channel, I hope this makes sense.....LMK what you think

My scope settings are 5ms and 1vol/div probe x1

Is there any corrosion on the crossover card connectors?

Are any of the contacts in the edge card connector bent?

Did you center the trace on the reference line before you began?

Does 'U101 pin5: Nice wavey form 1 div below baseline' mean that the trace never deflects above the reference line?

When looking at waveforms (especially sine waves), set the vertical amp to make the waveform deflect ±3 divisions. Set the timebase to display 3-4 full cycles.

I'm done for tonight. I'll check back later this morning.

Is there any corrosion on the crossover card connectors?

Are any of the contacts in the edge card connector bent?

Did you center the trace on the reference line before you began?

Does 'U101 pin5: Nice wavey form 1 div below baseline' mean that the trace never deflects above the reference line?

When looking at waveforms (especially sine waves), set the vertical amp to make the waveform deflect ±3 divisions. Set the timebase to display 3-4 full cycles.

I'm done for tonight. I'll check back later this morning.

No corrosion apparent on crossover card

Dont see any bent connectors but I will double check

Yes the trace line was centered

U101 pin5: the wave form never deflected above the baseline

I will reset the scope later this morning to achieve the the deflections and cycles you need.

I think driving the sine wave for so long has now shorted something in the good channel because it sparks when you connect a speaker and that channel now draws about 5 amps current when a speaker is hooked up, and it was the good channel before. I feel like I am going backwards.

How much would you charge me to fix the amp if I just sent it to you......I am getting frustrated I have never had an amp this hard to figure out, but I am sure its something simple maybe we should try again... I dont know

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.