Amp repair question - MTX 1501D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is the amp producing rail voltage on the main rectifiers?

What is the DC voltage on the power supply pins of the op-amps in the preamp section of the amp?

Yes, the amp is producing rail voltage on the main rectifiers

But there is no sound, because of no voltage on pins of the op-amps in the preamp section of the amp (but the voltage is on all pins of transistor of this part of supply):scratch:

As I understood, You don't have a circuit diagram of the power supply?:( It will be much more easier...

@Skew, it sounds like your amp's o/p transistors are done in... possible done by to many speakers connected to the amp or during installing the unit..or being shorted circuited o/p end...before we get started have you got a test meter? so you can carry out some voltage checks...here's a handy way of working on car audio amps...use a 12 dc 1 amp mains pack power for repairs that way you can power it up and do some testing... do not connect speakers on the o/p end just yet just use your meter set on 200vdc range and see if there high dc on there..good working amp have very low dc in the mv readings...

now remove the clamps to the transistors these are shown in your picture but do not apply any power yet! test them for s/c and post the letter's numbers on here so we can point you in the right direction for replacements.. next remove the amplifier from it's casing and look over the track's for cracks or loose components and re flow the solder side. here's a useful tip type in the Google how to repair car amps that site will also show tips on testing and repair information..

Hello. My name is Van. I have a mtx 1501d. I do have limited knowledge and am trying to repair my amplifier. It turns on but produces no sound. I have two of them, one working one not. I have used my dmm to analyze the fets and all seem to be working. I did however notice some oxidation on the underneath side connected to the FET471. I would appreciate any help I could get. Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.