CROSSFIRE VR705D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i picked up this 5-ch amp the other day when i first opened it i found a shorted output in the 4-ch section. all the resistors and drivers checked out ok so i replaced the shorted output (2SD718) and now the 4-ch section works perfectly. so i started testing it out and when i plugged my rca's into the subwoofer section the muting relay started to switch on and off and the protect light will blink. i removed 2 of 5 outputs (IRF9640/640) to get a more accurate reading and they seem ok so i reinstalled them. i currently have the driver board removed, i haven't pulled any of the parts from the driver board yet. i was curious so i powered the amp up with the driver board removed and plugged in the rca's now it will stay on. this is basically 2 amps in 1, it has 2 seperate power supplies and everything. it pulls a little current when powered up but i figured it was probably normal because it's just like powering up 2 amps.

the pics

Attachments

• crossfire class d section.jpg
    crossfire class d section.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 113
  • crossfire driver board .jpg
    crossfire driver board .jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 113
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.