Soundstream XXX6500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heres a pic of the driverboard . Not sure of the numbers since they are ground off But heres the IC pin 14 connects to.

Attachments

• hifonics 087.JPG
    hifonics 087.JPG
    435 KB · Views: 56
Great thread, very informative. Perry, I have an xxx6500 that isn't feeling well, and I'm at a loss as to where to look to next. When I got the unit it had quite a few output fets blown as well as bad solder joints on the power supply transistors. I relaced all of the output fets with Fairchild equivelants and re-soldered all of the bad joints I found throughout the board. Now when I power it up, one of the bank of 7 fets immediately blows with a couple of them flaming up. I've gone through every diode, transistor, and fet that I can find on the board and they all check good. I did CRT repair for years but am fairly new to amplifier repair (trying to fix this for a friend) so I'm looking for a good starting point. I've read quite a few articles on theory of operation of class D amps, but have yet to find any schematics for this beast. Any ponters would be appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.