torch / desolder fet from mesha help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I went and bought a bernzomatic micro toch kit to desolder the bad transistors from the mesha boards a RF amp but i keep having to refil it and won't let me get the outputs out. Any ideas or what can i do to make the 'flame' last enought so i can remove the devices? I also purchased bernzomatic butane but i don't know it keeps dying out in the middle of trying to remove the parts.

Don't use a torch. Get a large solder iron used for wood burning. the iron will be one inch to an 1 1/2 in diameter. They are an older style iron and usually have a cloth woven insulated power cord. Plug the iron in, let it warm up. Put the iron on the mensa strip and flow some solder where the iron touches the board. In a second or so all the transistors will float off the board.

Don't use a torch. Get a large solder iron used for wood burning. the iron will be one inch to an 1 1/2 in diameter. They are an older style iron and usually have a cloth woven insulated power cord. Plug the iron in, let it warm up. Put the iron on the mensa strip and flow some solder where the iron touches the board. In a second or so all the transistors will float off the board.

Wow! I am really dumb LOL, i was suppose to turn the micro torch upside down & the butane fluid to get it in. I just read the directions and now it makes sense why it only last 20 seconds lol. Now this thing is the shizzle! I unsoldered them in a blink of an eye! Even those playing hard to get power supply FETs. New 3205s are ready to be put in & gate resistors!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.