HELP!!!!!!!!!! MY alpine MRV 1507 damage. any 1 can help me?? pls. - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2011, 09:29 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default HELP!!!!!!!!!! MY alpine MRV 1507 damage. any 1 can help me?? pls.

i hv a very big prob about my amp. many time i repair it already, but it still damage easily. At this time,i cannot find the prob.

Situation:
  1. im using the amp, but suddenly it stop funtioning. the protection LED and power LED always blinking. after i checking. i change all the power mosfet and audio mosfet. it become the more big problems. im using a 12V 20A power supply to test it when repairing. when im power up the amp (just the power supply input). power LED is blinking with RED, audio LED ON with green, and don't have the any effect for the protection LED (OFF straightly). At the same time. the right channel power mosfet and audio mosfet getting hot. \
  2. then i try to use the supply from the car battery. the protection LED and power LED blinking with RED. audio LED Always ON. Not for 2-3 second, the power mosfet (right channel) getting smoky and fire.
  3. i change all the power mosfet for right channel. When i try to power up it. got no any effect for the LED (all OFF). at the same time and a very quickly. my power cable become very hot and melting.
HAVE ANY BODY CAN HELP ME ??? PLEASE!!!!
Old 16th January 2011, 02:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Please read the basic amp repair page (link below in the sig line).
Old 17th January 2011, 09:49 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

thanks Perry.

im following the instuction to remove all the mosfet to check. i found that got 3 gettinh short.

and wanna ask :
1. i try to power up jst the power board without all the mosfet. jst the the power LED ON with solid RED. the other no effect. is that normal??

2. i hv try to check with the ohm meter for the battery and groung point. it show the 0 ohm and dorp slowly to high ohm. is it normal??
Old 17th January 2011, 02:38 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I change the rectifier and the damage mosfet d. i try to power up the power unit, it get functioning, the power LED and the protection LED is blinking. then i jst left it for around 10 minute. the mosfet still cool, the output voltage also get around 49V.

but,with the power OFF, i connect it to the audio board. it get big spaking of the 6-pin connector. i power up again, the power LED become OFF, protection LED is blinking.

is it any thing wrong to the audio board?? i hv check the mosfet and also replace with the good 1 already.
Old 17th January 2011, 02:54 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

You need to check the output transistors to see if any are shorted.
Old 17th January 2011, 02:57 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

which 1 u mean???
is it 9540N and the 540N??
Old 17th January 2011, 03:25 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Both of those are outputs. Check all of the ones in the amp with those numbers.
Old 17th January 2011, 03:28 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

i check n replace already, but it still the same.

is it got other thing can getting short??
Old 17th January 2011, 03:47 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Were any of the original outputs defective? If so, which one (exact circuit board designation needed)?
Old 17th January 2011, 04:06 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

i don't know that.
i do not have the exact circuit board designation.

For this amp. it always damage when i try to run brige. at that time im doing the wrong setting (mono, 1+2, ST).

i try to remove all the 9540n and 540n.

after that i try to connect it to the power board again wtihout power up. it still get sparking on the 6-pin connection. is my action correct or not?

thanks for ur help.

Hide this!Advertise here!