Kicker 2500.1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know what transistors belong here? They were missing when i got the amp in for repair. They are on the driver board

Attachments

• hifonics 035.JPG
    hifonics 035.JPG
    392.3 KB · Views: 108
I don't see many options for this transistor. If you have 2N6491s, they may work (I've used them in many other amps). You'll have to install them facing the opposite direction due to the reversed pin configuration. You'll need to make sure that the FETs in the power supply run cool at idle. If the power supply is regulated and running at less than full pulse width at idle, you'll need to reduce the power supply voltage to force the pulse width to go to 50%. If the power supply FETs still run cool at idle and the current draw doesn't increase with the lower input voltage, they are likely good subs.

If you use them, apply a small amount of adhesive (Goop or similar) between the transistors. Bonding the transistors together will reduce the stress on the solder connections/circuit board and will prevent the legs from breaking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.