rockford 501s one bad channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i bought one, but i'm waiting for the shipping delivered it hasn't arrived yet.
Perry, what component you replace in most case to fix the distortion on one channel, knowing that all transistor, gate resistor, pulldown resistor and gate drivers transistors are good?

help me on, to see if i can fix this one before the tektronik arrives

Finaly i got my scope!!! all the opamps signals look ok the only dif were on gate drivers for audio amp section
this is the measure the same signal on R141 and Q113 gate
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

maybe later you can tell me how i can fix my scope back light problem, it's a tektronix tds210 i found on ebay with only this problem i hope could be an easy fix.

I've seen this a couple of times on these rockford amps. Im not really good at troubleshooting audio distortion yet, but you can try searching for broken traces on the component side. Usually somewhere between the RCAs and the crossover card like this.

This amp was a Punch 60dsm which had DC voltage on the affected channel, and then distorted audio on the scope set to AC coupling.

IMG_20101030_235201.jpg

FIX:

IMG_20101031_000514.jpg

Last edited:
no, After removed both diodes the output signal did not change or get better.

Sorry for the pics, my scope need the backlight ccfl tube to be replace.

Thanks Dr. Zeus, i know that a bad trace could be the source of the distortion, but i checked the signal from the RCA terminals to each opamps of the affected channel and just found a distortion on the output drivers gate legs with more or less a 14volts distorted signal. But i can Re-check again step by step with the schematic help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.