Punch 500a2 distorted channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Or....Is this the one you have????

Looks alittle different from mine still. The blue capacitors are almost in the center near the speaker fuses. I believe i have the 86/87 model?? It's missing parts like the bass and treble pots, power supply fets and a small transistor, speaker fuses, and the left side is shorted (checked with meter) and the list goes on.... haha

& it has two transformers forgot to add that to description. And i'm waiting on my 200a4 to arrive....

I just turn the fets over and apply a small film of flux then heat them up with your iron till the flux starts to bubble then hold the solder to the fet until it melts, remove the iron briefly hold the legs with another tool or something then run your iron over the back of the fet and spread the solder. Be careful not to get them to hot and dont get excessive solder on them. It does not take much because keep in mind there is solder on the mesha pad as well. A butane torch works the best for heating the mesha board and installing the fets. The off color dull grey IRF 3205's tin much easier than the shiny chrome looking ones, the solder almost spreads itself on the dull colored ones. Hope this helps.

Quick question? What does Rockford mean when they say they use "N type V-FETs"? I was reading the owners manual for a series 1 amplifier. So they all N channels for the output? So like only IRF540s are being used?

Quick question? What does Rockford mean when they say they use "N type V-FETs"? I was reading the owners manual for a series 1 amplifier. So they all N channels for the output? So like only IRF540s are being used?

More than likely they could all be IRF540's the V-FET is just their construction and an abbreviation for mosfet. I posted a pic so you can see.

Attachments

• V-FET PIC.jpg
    V-FET PIC.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 67
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.