Amp that came in for repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got this in today for repair Someone tryed repairing it themselfs first.

See anything wrong in this pic? If not ill give you a hint.

Attachments

• hifonics 013.JPG
    hifonics 013.JPG
    501.8 KB · Views: 167
  • hifonics 015.JPG
    hifonics 015.JPG
    509.5 KB · Views: 170
The replaced 2 of the Power supply fets with voltage regulators.

Suppose to be 4 power supply fets -RFP70N06

Theres 2 RFP70N06's and a 7812 and a 7805 .

You know Mike all those three terminal devices look alike, so they must all be the same, right ??? LOL LOL LOL..:eek: < electronics racism :( >
I have seen some of the same if not worse. try to get use to the fact that everybody is a electronics whiz kid nowadays,< thanks to U-tube > and try to enjoy the truly incompetents efforts. its always a good laugh for me...LOL LOL LOL... I myself have been known to fall off my chair laughing to the point of tears...Enjoyment that compares to no other...LOL LOL LOL..

Remember to adjust your repair rates accordingly to each job individually. May I suggest the rate table below:

Repair rates:
$80.00 per hour
with you supervising: $160.00 per hour
To repair your repair: $320.00 per hour

LOL LOL LOL Have a great day Mike....C:)

Last edited:
Ive had some good laughs also. I had one guy watch me fix his amp and now thinks since i replaced 2 resistors and tested all the outputs he knows how to fix them .

So he buys broken amps all the time and trys to fix them himself. And after a point where he gives up where do you think he brings them? LOL

If seen one of his amp with all the pads burnt off the board for the output section and missing traces where he forgot to unsolder 1 leg and ripped it off the board .

I repaired an orion amp (hcca 2100) awhile back where it took me 2 weeks to get it up and running. All the fets were gone all outputs were missing, Power and clip lights were missing, switxhes were missing, caps installed backwards, and well i can keep going if you would like LOL

Ive had some good laughs also. I had one guy watch me fix his amp and now thinks since i replaced 2 resistors and tested all the outputs he knows how to fix them .

So he buys broken amps all the time and trys to fix them himself. And after a point where he gives up where do you think he brings them? LOL

If seen one of his amp with all the pads burnt off the board for the output section and missing traces where he forgot to unsolder 1 leg and ripped it off the board .

I repaired an orion amp (hcca 2100) awhile back where it took me 2 weeks to get it up and running. All the fets were gone all outputs were missing, Power and clip lights were missing, switxhes were missing, caps installed backwards, and well i can keep going if you would like LOL

Yeah I have had people watch me repair LCDs and they get lost after replacing all the exploded caps..lol...A couple of my watchers actually went on to get a real electronics engineering degree, so I don't feel bad about any of it when I think of those who persevered and went on to achieve something tangible out of watching we have fun and make a few bucks the honest way.

As for your Orion, may I interject that sometimes the line between repair and completely re-manufacturing something is a line you should pay careful attention to. Time is money in all business, and sometimes a time-sink like the Orion you described is a bridge too far...;)

thanks for the good laugh today....C:)

I have to grab my camera. Somebody did the same thing to an amp that I received for repair but instead of the cheapy amp going into protect it melted several of the through holes right out of the board and blackened the board so bad in certain areas that acetone wouldn't even phase it. In most cases I wouldn't even bother repairing it especially considering how cheap it was but I made a deal with the guy and took it off his hands just to see if I could actually get it running again. She works flawlessly now.

One of the amps i recieved awhile back was also funny to me the guy replaced all of the power supply fets and outputs and did a decent job but when he put it back together he forgot the sil-pad and mounted everything down powerd it up and poof!!! And couldnt figure out why it drew excessive current right off the get go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.