autotek mean machine amx 100.2 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have a autotek mm series amx 100.2 i need to repair. I really want to bring this piece of car audio history back to life.

problem is protect light coming on as soon as power is received from remote wire, with b+ and ground hooked up. tried on multiple cars, same deal.

have already tested all output transistors (irf9540 and irf540) all are testing fine with similar readings across all transistors.

have tested all power side transistors (irfp064n) all are fine with no readings near zero.

only thing i cannot test or dont know how to test is the diodes (fmg-33r, fmg-33s).

have also tested all resistors in parallel with transistors, are seem fine.

need someone to point me in right direction, thanks

alright i have been doing some poking around on the amp and it looks as if a reavious repair was done with non oem component. This amp has irf9540's and irf540's. 4 of each on each side. one side has four irf540's and the other has 3 irf540's with a odd looking irfz24n. i have tested all fets with DMM all come out good, but this one irfz24n has differnt ohm readings than the irf540's and right leg/left leg tests .8 ohms(pretty near 0 if you ask me) other legs test 20-22 ohms. not only may this fet be bad, but i feel that it may not meet the specs to work right in the amp.
measurements of irf540 are
right leg, center leg/21ohms
right leg left leg/94.8 ohms
center leg, right leg/22.1

sorry measurement for irfz24n
right leg,center leg:20.8ohms
right leg, left leg:.8 ohm
center leg, left leg:22.0 ohm

measurements for irf540 are
right leg,center leg:21.1 ohm
right leg, left leg:. 95 ohm
center leg, left leg: 114.9 ohm

also didnt understand
Remove the one that reads the lowest from leg 1 to leg 2 and recheck the rest.

the lowest reading is received from the irfz24n, all others read fine

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.