Rockford Fosgate P75.2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Click the 'go advanced' button below the 'quick reply' field. Then select 'manage attachments' on the new page.

Attachments

• manageattachements01.jpg
    manageattachements01.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 83
Thanks for the info. Anyways heres the Punch 75.2 that kinda exploded on the output side. Any idea what caused this? It blew out on the P-channel side i used some fets from another dead amp for testing and i pushed it with a 4 ohm subwofer bridged with gains umm i'd say 75 percent and was bumping good but it exploded all of a sudden it blew??. I ordered some new IRF540s and IRF9540 i baught 8 total new fets just in case something were to happen.

EDIT: the burned up holes for the legs of the fets on the P-channel side fet it burned up by itself, how? i don't know?? And when installing new ones could i hard wire the leg of the fet to???? Thanks

Attachments

• repair 1.jpg
    repair 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 76
  • repair 2.jpg
    repair 2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 81
  • repair 3.jpg
    repair 3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
The connection likely became intermittent and began arcing. That would have caused the connection to heat up and burn.

You'll have to cut away the burned board, it's likely conductive.

You can hardwire the connections to the drain and source legs. You'll have to clean it up to see exactly where each one connects. The source connects to the resistor. The drain connects to the rail.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.