Anyone here ever use a guy called "the amp doctor"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dont know if its the same guy or not but When ZED AUDIO sold to Audio Products INC. The place for all warranty claims was called AMP Doctor.

And just before API sold to maxsonics they had alot of problems with Amp Doctor he had tons of warranty repairs from them and he closed up shop and took off with everyones amp they had sent in to be repaired.

His work looks like CRAP!

Screws missing, sloppy solder joints, mis-matching brands and types, 20% gate resistors, ect!

I should clarify this is on a amp I bought off ebay.

I didn't even know 20% resistors existed!! I feel bad enough when I'm in a pinch and I use some 5% resistors from the local electronic suppliers. Thats crazy. You'd have to go out of your way to do a terrible repair job.

I have a few ill post up, Got sick of looking at it, so i rebuilt it in it's entirety saturday, Iv got it in my truck right now on a 2010 orion hcca 12.2 @ 1ohm, replaced the stock thermal tape with kapton tape and a little thermal paste.

As a side note, this is one hard to find amp, the 250r is in big letters/numbers on the left side of the amp's top, while Orion is in small text at the right side's top, where as all the 250r's iv seen, have orion on the left in big text, while 250r is small and on the right.

Clamp said this amp produces just under 1100w ! 1ohm 14.2v

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.