Alpine MRV 1507

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
New to the boards, have a quick question.

I have an Alpine MRV 1507, had used it before in my last car to power my old system. In between cars it sat in my garage for probably around 8 months or so.

I just got a 2008 Nissan Xterra, and decided to install it yesterday. Wired it all correctly, but when i turned the car on I saw the protection light is flashing red. Power and Music are both solid green. Sub isn't even hooked up to it yet.

A guy at an audio shop told me that means it's done and I need a new one. What do you think? Is my amp fried or is there something I just missed?

Thanks

Last edited:
The attached image shows the error codes.

Attachments

• 1507errorcodes01.gif
    1507errorcodes01.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 145
I'm using my factory unit and yes I also installed an RCA converter. How would I ground the brown wires? I might have a problem here...the best buy tech who sold me the converter told me to just snip the brown wires because I wouldn't need them...

And no I have not tried connecting the woofer yet

New to the boards, have a quick question.

I have an Alpine MRV 1507, had used it before in my last car to power my old system. In between cars it sat in my garage for probably around 8 months or so.

I just got a 2008 Nissan Xterra, and decided to install it yesterday. Wired it all correctly, but when i turned the car on I saw the protection light is flashing red. Power and Music are both solid green. Sub isn't even hooked up to it yet.

A guy at an audio shop told me that means it's done and I need a new one. What do you think? Is my amp fried or is there something I just missed?

Thanks

Wow. If the guy at the audio shop told you that green lights on a 1507 means its fried then I would not EVER go back to that shop. Even if I didnt currently own one and didnt know what the indicators meant. I would have assumed Green lights did not mean that it was fried.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.