Crazy audiomobile amp rack

Came across some very old school. I think this predates my 151.
Two SA1000RS, a 400, one active crossover, not pictured is a SP300 3 band eq, and another knob for something else
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Don't know much about it, right now I have audio out of one of the channels on the 400, but nothing else. Pretty cool the eq has a power supply for the crossover, and the rack is really cool. I am wondering if there is a way I can get RCA input to each amp to test them without the eq and crossover. Not a lot of info out there on these, only in the old school thread, and all everyone said is they are amazing. What am I dealing with? I am guessing two 100w two channels and one 40 watt two channel.

hi,
some old school goodness circa early 80's
you'd need to get a six pin din connector to convert to RCA's, the inputs on all of the amplifiers are of the balanced type. i have a SA400 myself, along with documentation for most of the Audiomobile pieces. the SA400 is 40w chnl @ 2 ohms, 20w @ 4 ohms. no power supply (switching that is) but it does have independent fuses for each channel...check that for your only one channel issue. have the info at work, i can scan and email if you'd like.
mark

hi,
some old school goodness circa early 80's
you'd need to get a six pin din connector to convert to RCA's, the inputs on all of the amplifiers are of the balanced type. i have a SA400 myself, along with documentation for most of the Audiomobile pieces. the SA400 is 40w chnl @ 2 ohms, 20w @ 4 ohms. no power supply (switching that is) but it does have independent fuses for each channel...check that for your only one channel issue. have the info at work, i can scan and email if you'd like.
mark
Sweet. It is the SA452 that is running sigular right now. The 1000 that is bad was on bass to some free air alpine tens, and the surround on those was shot, so I fear the woofers may have taken out the amp with 'em. For now, it will probably be a setup for my garage, as I don't have a car that needs something like this. (Though the wife's baby, a 74 corolla would be exceedingly awesome with this and the alpine tape deck I also procured.)

Now to hunt down those cables.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pulled the SA450 open, found two components, one labeled F1, and one F2. One is a fuse, but one looks like a green bodied resistor. The fuse checks out, the green deal reads open one way, and some odd megohms the other. I didn't remove it to meter it. Since they are both in a socket, can I switch 'em, and see if the the other channel works?

Hey All,

First off, I was VERY happy to find this serious resource for all things mobile audio!

Now on to the design. I have a vehicle with a serious AUDIOMOBILE system that was installed new over 25 years ago at a place called ULTRASMITH in New York City. Some of you MAY remember these guys. Not the cleanest nor the best install, but it's worked (mostly for 25yrs+)

The system includes:

1 Nakamichi TD-7 Head Unit STOLEN Replaced with a SONY XR-C210 Cassette Head

1 SONY CDX-5 single CD mobile player (being replaced with a changer in the back and a scanner in the existing cutout)

2 Audiomobile SA-1000 amplifiers

2 Audiomobile SA-400 amplifiers (1 is not working properly)

1 Audiomobile 300 Pre-amp Hidden under the dash

2 Audiomobile CXE-2 crossovers

1 Audiomobile controller/fader/input box no label.

1 Audiomobile remote 3 channel equalizer and volume control built in to the dash

2 Norwegian 4" mid-ranges in the doors

2 Norwegian 1" dome tweeters in the doors

2 6x9 Unknown speakers in the rear panels.

2 6x9 Uknown speakers in the custom forward firing enclosures.

2 Nakamichi 8" subs in a custom enclosure

A huge mess of din wiring and lamp cord "repairs"

I have no manuals for ANYTHING so wiring is by "feel"

I came across this thread and I'll wager 1 (or more) of the pico fuses are toast.

I would really love to have the manuals for all of my Audiomobile gear.

It would be great to get this back in running condition.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rick

pm me your email addresses, and i'll send what i have.
mark
Hi there, I am a newbie here and own a Audiomobile Rack as well as a couple SP300 EQ's a electronic CX2 crossover as well as a Audiomobile 3 way fading PASSIVE crossover network. I also own an extra SA1000 that I simply soldered RCA cables into the input wires inside that come off the DIN. Added a blue REMOTE wire in the main PLUG as its there already just needs a wire added to turn on the amp. I ran it 2 ohms high volume for over an hour straight before it THERMAL shut down so.... short runs 2 ohms OK but if ya drive over an hour to work everyday I would stay with a 4 ohm load configuration. I am gonna RCA splice all of these, easy to run them through the slot where the HIGH LEVEL plug protrudes out the amp. I did not want to drill any holes so that was the solution. Its very simple mod to do away with the DIN dilemma.... My take... HOW do I PM you on here?..... Hmmmmmmm....... really could use these Manuals you have scanned THANK YOU. NJOY/BDBD/2022