Newark are crooks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Newark
I placed a order and let me tell you this company has hidden freight charges I called customer service and was fedd bull crap! first time and last I order from them 16.00 for a order of 15.00 dollars for freight:eek: with a total of 31.00 dollars
I included a link of other people having problems with them. Im sharing this because if your a newbie like I am you I would of loved to be warn of this
Thanks
Jr
Newark Electronics - newark.com - Reviews, Ratings and Prices at ResellerRatings

Don't you look at the final total before submitting payment?

YES I DID ! at the time it does not show you the total it just tells you the item price and totals that out! and you have an option were to calculate shipping. tells you 5.56 Then you get the invoice via email to you with Vaseline telling you how much the bent you over for :whacko: 11.12

I called and asked for a manager and he told me that its because the warehouse sent out items in two different packages and they charged me 2 shipment charges :mad:

Ive order stuff on the internet and never experience anything like this ! so i Google them and found out of their little dirty schemes of doing business. also when you order such as heatsink compound they ship that in another box so you get charge for 2 shipments even though its not a hazardous item (point blank screw them) read around you come to you own decision
I have and no more business for them from me

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I've dealt with Newark. They don't tell you when your parts are being shipped from different locations. They should.
It shoudln't be your responsibily to pay for two shipments just because they had to ship from two locations.
They need to get their act together.

I've had this experience with them as well, and apparently this is what the OP experienced also. I find them expensive, and in most instances they are rarely the only source of a part I am looking for, so I avoid them when possible.

I've dealt with Newark. They don't tell you when your parts are being shipped from different locations. They should.
It shoudln't be your responsibily to pay for two shipments just because they had to ship from two locations.
They need to get their act together.

I agree the both of the items came out of the same location, :eek: thats why i was mad and they dont even explain the shipment charge and you call one of their customer service and the tell you to call ups for an explanation :mad: I finally called the manager at (newark)and he explain everything to me which adds up to a money scheme :mad: you think for one second the don't know they are charging you 2 shipments knowing they have the same order number.

sorry for the rant you guy's just given you guys a heads up ! thanks for all your helpful information Ive gotten here specially to Perry Babin :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.