Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2003, 03:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Alphasonik A-255 Stereo Power Amplifier

Howdy all..... :-)

Just pick up a used Alphasonik A-255 Stereo Power Amplifier and am looking for information on the wiring harness pin-out. It hasa schematic glued to the back of the unit but it's very hard to
read due to it being so scratched up.

Tried logging onto the Alphasonik web site but their $##@@!!! Flash/JavaScript junk just locks up my older computer....and of course, they don't have any alternative way of logging on. <grrr>

Some of you participants might be interested in my project for this rascal....I would like to use the module as the power amp section for a portable battery powered guitar/vocal amplifier.

If you have any thoughts or information regarding the above, they would be most appreciated at this end of things.....thanks! :-)
Old 22nd July 2003, 01:14 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The Alphasonik site doesn't have any information on their older stuff anyway...

That amp is circa 1985, and is a solid 55 watts per channel. A great amp, and one of the very best values in its day. Current draw is in the order of 10 amps, so battery power sounds questionable unless you're using a car battery with charger attached (60Hz hum likely).

The amp has speaker level inputs R+, L+ and one ground, +12V turn-on, and speaker outputs on the molex plug. 8 wires total, right? Bridge mono by just using the R+, and L- outputs.

Let's see if I have the wiring color code around here...

This is from their MA series that replaced the A's, but I don't think the color codes changed. If the colors match yours, the assignments will be correct:

Orange: +12V turn-on

Yellow: R+ speaker level input
White: L+ speaker level input
Purple: speaker level ground

Gray: R+ output, or bridge mono +
Blue: R- output
Brown: L+ output
Green: L- output, or bridge mono -

Stable to 2 ohms stereo or 4 ohms mono

Feel free to email, I'm a great fan of the old Alphasonik stuff.

Tim
Old 22nd July 2003, 03:25 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

there should be a thicker red and black wire also that is your main power in.....the orange is for remote turn on

DIRT®

Hide this!Advertise here!