Alpine MRV-F352 amp issues... some help would be appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ok, so I just received this amp, a great 5 channel beast... and the 5th channel (subwoofer), is innactive.

I opened the amp up to find that two of the resistors are burnt, R513&R514.. so, my question is...where do I go from here??

I have already ordered some new resistors (hopefully they arrive soon)... but, should I go ahead and replace the FET output transistors for this circuit? (FET IRFZ44N) I am confused as to which ones would cause the resistors to pop? Q505/506 in the diagram?

Could the resistors being burnt be due to the output transistors shorting and allowing to much current draw for the resistors?

here is a diagram I found... http://www.bcae1.com/temp/mrvf352.jpg

I will try to get some pics soon, but all it is is two fried resistors and everything else looking good.

ktc718 and ktb688? The diagram I have has ktc3198's for the outputs, if I am reading the diagram right(seems I have already screwed up once).

I haven't pulled any of the transistors off of the board to check them yet, I might be getting to that today.

If I do need to get new outputs where would I be able to get them? And, should I just replace the power supply transistors while I am at it?

You should not read anything near 0 ohms when measuring the resistance between the legs of any individual output transistor. Measure the resistance from leg 1 to leg 2, 1-3 and 2-3.

even if they are still connected to the board? Cause I get 0 readings on the z44 transistors, but they are still connected to the board.

The only ones that show a 0 reading are those z44's between what looks like pins 1&2... the q503/501's show no resistance for a very brief time then show resistance... all of the ktc718 and ktb688's seem to be fine, no 0 ohm readings.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.