please help...mtx 2300 and 4320... - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th November 2010, 04:29 AM   #1
jaypain is offline jaypain  United States
diyAudio Member

Default please help...mtx 2300 and 4320...

ive had both of these amps for over 10 years. switched them in and out of different vehicles and used in many different applications. the memories are endless. last time i tried to use the 2300 it kept blowing fuses. not internal fuses, but fuses on my fuse block. i had an alpine MRV-F450 hooked up and was just trying to swap it out to show a buddy of mine how much of a beast the 2300 is. never a single issue with the alpine...triple checked everything in the system when it started blowing buss fuses in my block, found nothing and put the alpine back. mind you as soon as it got power it would blow. never a chance to play at all. i'm above average when it comes to most things in this field and working with my hands. im an ase certified mechanic, but i'm deathly afraid to crack this amp open. i want to fix it and save it so badly as well as possibly overhaul the 4320 to get a nice reliable setup on some old school mtx monsters. i can get pictures for sure, but i was really hoping for some feedback on some possible issues, as well as some help in the right direction of getting this bad boy fixed up. anyone?!
Old 4th November 2010, 04:48 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Lets start with the 2300. If you decide to do anything with the 4320, start a new thread.

On the 2300, remove all of the on-board fuses and insert a 15-20 amp fuse into one of the on-board fuse holders. Disconnect all speaker wires from the speaker terminals on the amp and have no RCA cables plugged into the amp. Does it blow the fuse when powered up?
Old 4th November 2010, 04:55 AM   #3
jaypain is offline jaypain  United States
diyAudio Member

using a bench power source or referring to putting it back into the application which i described with the new criteria?
Old 4th November 2010, 05:26 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

It doesn't matter.
Old 4th November 2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Dr Zeus is offline Dr Zeus  United States
diyAudio Member

This sounds a lot like what I just went through with my MTX 4320 just the other day. It was poping fuses on the bench even without REM connected. I'm sure you'll get it working just fine. You can check a thread I started the other day in case you need some transistor part numbers cross referenced.

Hide this!Advertise here!