Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

blankput aux mod
blankput aux mod
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th October 2010, 11:04 AM   #11
kudos0743 is offline kudos0743
diyAudio Member

And where can i get one of those op-amps 'zero cool' ? :-)
Old 8th October 2010, 11:09 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Like can u suggest something off ebay or anything. Or can i get one made up?

Cheers
Old 8th October 2010, 11:25 AM   #13
Perry Babin is offline Perry Babin  United States
diyAudio Member

Op-amps are generic electronic components. You can get them from virtually any electronics distributor.

There is nothing on that page (as far as I could see) that stated that the ipod couldn't drive the input to the head unit without boosting it.

The following thread has more information and may provide a better (but more complex) way to do this.
AUX input on a factory stereo - my way - Page 3 - LS1GTO.com Forums
Old 9th October 2010, 07:31 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Are op-Amps like chips? i have no clue on what to do with them.

My ipod doesnt have to be boosted to work but unless both the headunit and my ipod are cranked right up the volume is pretty poor... Does The "AUX input on a factory stereo - my way - Page 3 - LS1GTO.com Forums" Mod amplify the ipod or not? i cant see anything saying it does... so as i said before im assuming my ipod and headunit would have to be cranked up, correct?? :-)

Is it possible for u to tell me on what type of circuit is being used in the following picture? ( http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1286608841 ) is this a op amp or? This mod uses the same points as the "AUX input on a factory stereo - my way - Page 3 - LS1GTO.com Forums"
but its got the circuit attached assuming it amplifys the ipod.

Im quiet confussed

Thanks for all the help tho guys much appreciated.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:03 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

The term 'chip' is a generic term. It's often used when referring to integrated circuits. Op-amps are one type of integrated circuit. The TL072 is a generic op-amp that's often used for audio. If someone tries to talk you into using some expensive esoteric op-amp, build the circuit with the TL072 and after the circuit is working perfectly, you can experiment with other op-amps. Bear in mind that sometimes, the more expensive op-amps are more finicky and more difficult to use.

If you wired the adapter in directly, the problem is likely that you're trying to drive a signal into the output of the driver IC for the CD player. The diagram on the page that I posted shows how to avoid doing this by using the switch (inside the headphone jack) to break the connection back to the driver IC (assuming that I understand the circuit -- I didn't take much time to read through the thread).

Try to do this without the op-amp. If the op-amp is used, this will become somewhat more complex.

I don't know what the circuit in the photo is but I'm sure it's explained in the thread.
Old 9th October 2010, 08:19 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

But what is the curcuit im building? i have no idea sorry
Old 9th October 2010, 08:23 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
If you wired the adapter in directly, the problem is likely that you're trying to drive a signal into the output of the driver IC for the CD player. The diagram on the page that I posted shows how to avoid doing this by using the switch (inside the headphone jack) to break the connection back to the driver IC (assuming that I understand the circuit -- I didn't take much time to read through the thread).
Where is the diagram you posted?

Old 9th October 2010, 08:30 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

You had to follow the link.
LS1GTO.com Forums - View Single Post - AUX input on a factory stereo - my way

At this point, there's no reason to build a circuit. The circuit in the above link only requires that you cut two traces and solder the wire jumpers to the board and socket.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:01 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

I just realised that this mod is for a 6 stacker. I only have a single stacker.

Going back to the blank cd mod (the one i have now) how can i boost the volume of my ipod?
Old 9th October 2010, 12:49 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

Is the board on yours different than the changer head unit?

Post a photo of the inside of the amp TA2020 amp.

blankput aux modHide this!Advertise here!