Rockford Fosgate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got an older Fosgate amp. I believe its the 800 a2 (I attached a pic). The amp was working just fine without any problems then when I replaced my car battery, the amp no longer works. It did not smoke and does not smell burned. The fuse under the hood near the batter is still good and volt meter shows power all the way to the amp. At the moment the amp no longer powers on. It does not make a sound what so ever. They guys at Fys stated they think its a capacitor thats blown on the insdide. You guys helped with my Hifonics amp so I thought to check here to see if anyone knows what it could be. If it is a capacitor issue does anyone know what kind to get from (Mouser, Digikey, etc)? Anything else it could be please let me know. Thanks

You need to confirm that you have sufficient power supply voltage. With your multimeter set to DC volts, the black meter probe on the ground terminal of the amp (not on the point where the ground wire connected to the vehicle) and the head unit on (so the amp will have remote voltage applied), touch the red probe alternately to the B+ and remote terminals of the amp. If the voltage is below ~11 volts on either the B+ or remote line, you need to check the wiring feeding whichever line is too low. If 'both' the B+ and remote turn-on lines are low and your battery is fully charged, you may have a bad ground connection.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.