Old Soundstream schematics anyone??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I contacted the soundstream tech support and this is the response i got Hello,

I am sorry but you will have to contact an authorized dealer to acquire this information. I am not permitted to distribute these documents.

Kevin T Keene
Technical Support

well if Tech support cant give me the docs..what makes me think a dealer will be able to?? they don't have them? this kind of crap pisses me off. I mean come on its an OLD product..what secrets do you really think you are protecting anyway? grrrr

Their policies seem to change regularly. When they were distributing them freely, they would no longer send them to me. A friend who needed one so I could repair his amp telephoned them and asked why they wouldn't send them to me (I didn't care enough to bother) and they told him that they were concerned that I was trying to reproduce their amps.

Some manufacturers only allow access through their dealers. It makes it easier for the manufacturer.

If you can't find the schematics, try again in a couple of weeks. You may get a different support person that's willing to provide the schematics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.