question about transistors in kenwood kac-9104d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apply new solder to all 3 legs. Lay the iron down so the tip heats all 3 legs at once. While the solder is molten on all 3 legs, pull the transistor out of the board. Desolder the holes with braid or a desoldering pump.

While it's recommended that you use an ESD wrist strap when handling FETs, it's unlikely that you'll damage one unless you're in an area where the humidity is very (VERY) low. I never use one and in 25+ years, I've never damaged an FET when replacing them. Of course, if you were handling expensive static-sensitive ICs, you'd want to wear one.

okay cool. yeh my buddy has 1 of those wristbands but im in alabama and low humidity is so very not a problem lol... also with with output transistors in the board and the meter on diode test mode and pos probe on leg 1 and neg probe on leg 3 the readings were as follows: q701- .544 q702- .544 q703- .546 q704- .546...this sound normal for the output transistors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.