no audio in left side of car - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th July 2003, 06:29 AM   #1
rvas18 is offline rvas18  United States
diyAudio Member

Default no audio in left side of car

I have a '96 GMC Safari van, which was once in a small wreck on the left side. The only problem with the vehicle is that the two speakers on the left side dont work. i was wondering how i can test for an audio signal with my multimeter (if thats possible) at the + and - speaker terminals. also how do i go about checking the wiring to see if thats the case. i believe the later is most likely my problem because i find it odd that two speakers will quit for a tiny wreck at the front left of a car.
Old 7th July 2003, 05:38 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

check the balence control on the source.
Old 10th July 2003, 02:17 AM   #3
Bose(o) is offline Bose(o)  Canada
diyAudio Member

Check the AC voltage...DC voltage will be regulated due to the fact that DC is bad for speakers...AC is the musical signal. Check the resistance of the speaker...ie. without connection to the amp., and measure at terminals. If less than 1 ohm then I'd put money on it that your speakers are blown/.

Hide this!Advertise here!