no audio in left side of car

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a '96 GMC Safari van, which was once in a small wreck on the left side. The only problem with the vehicle is that the two speakers on the left side dont work. i was wondering how i can test for an audio signal with my multimeter (if thats possible) at the + and - speaker terminals. also how do i go about checking the wiring to see if thats the case. i believe the later is most likely my problem because i find it odd that two speakers will quit for a tiny wreck at the front left of a car.

Check the AC voltage...DC voltage will be regulated due to the fact that DC is bad for speakers...AC is the musical signal. Check the resistance of the speaker...ie. without connection to the amp., and measure at terminals. If less than 1 ohm then I'd put money on it that your speakers are blown/.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.