Help with rockford 1501bd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Remove the defective output transistors.

Discharge the rail capacitors by shorting between the twisted red/black wires with a dummy load resistor.

Measure the resistance between leg 1 of the MIC4420 and the other legs of the MIC4420 (nearest the blown outputs). What's the lowest resistance you read between those legs.

Listen to Perry on tis amp he knows theese amps well as he helped me fix a few of them.

The noise your probably hearing is loose windings on the transformer Every 1500 bd Ive fixed had loose windings on the transformer so not that much of a deal try twisting/pulling on the transformers to see if the noise goes away or gets worse.

Also like perry said if you only replaced 4 fets that may be part of the problem.

All the Bd's ive dealt with a few fets were shorted and the other ones were leaking between the legs In the same bank of fets. There are 2 banks of fets in this amp 1 for the first supply and 1 for the second.

When i replace the power supply fets I also replace all the drivers for the fets as well the MPSA56 and MPSA06's i also check the gate resistors make sure they are within tolorance.

Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.