Subwoofer phase problems? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Car Audio

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2010, 02:58 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppia600 View Post
Also, depending on the system your concorde came with the rears could only be getting a low passed signal. Are they beefy 2ohm 6x9's or normal full range models? Some of the chryslers had the infinity systems with a decent amp that ran dedicated high and low pass outputs to the speakers. I had to rewire tons of those vehicles and also explain to customers why they couldn't just pop in a cheap set of full range speakers, lol.
My concorde is without the infinity system, and the rears are crappy 6x9 "full range".

Perry, the sub response (estimated) in home was about a 6b/octave drop starting at ~50Hz. With cabin gain, it gives a flatter response.

I have experimented more with mounting and have bolted the box on the right side of the trunk, the farthest back. This gives a decent response pretty flat, and up to the 85Hz it is active low passed at. The higher frequencies are still a bit weaker, but I still suspect it is out of phase with the rear speakers, lowering the spl produced in the upper frequencies. I am planning on replacing the stock head unit with a decent one that can high pass the door and rear speakers. This way I can also get rid of that damn line out converter which is only adding to the problems. I suspect the response of the factory head unit isn't the greatest either, so that should also be improved with the replacement.

Thank for the time guys.
Old 31st August 2010, 03:59 PM   #12
JRace is offline JRace  Canada
diyAudio Member

I had the exact same problem, and I could get the bass to be consistent only when the balance was to one side or the other...problem was I had 2 wires crossed in my LOC connection.

So the signal going from the speaker lines into the LOC were out of phase.

If that is your problem you will know by shifting the balance to one side. If the bass goes up, or the problem goes away then re-wire your LOC.

Hide this!Advertise here!