Alpine 3527S Repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think that the resistance from the RCA input shield to the non-bridging terminals should be near 0 ohms. Is the resistance between all of the RCA shields near 0 ohms?

No, they all seem seperated they're also in the MOhm range. The meter keeps changing in one direction when I measure them, same as when I measured between the shield and the speaker terminal almost like they are ramping up?

I think I'll pull the board out again and have a closer look at the back side again.

Mike

Some Alpine amps have balanced inputs and some have a common shield ground. If none of the RCA shields are connected (0 ohms), then there shouldn't be a connection from the shield to the non-bridging speaker terminals.

The secondary center-tap of the power transformer should be directly connected to the non-bridging speaker terminals, no matter the input RCA shield configuration.

When you pull the board, look for cracks and bad solder connections.

Well, I've scoured the thing over and over and just can't find anything that looks wrong. I might just install that 330pf ceramic capacitor between B- and one of the speaker leads as it seems to fix the idle current issue and see what happens long term, other than that I'm out of ideas. Perry, you don't happen to have a schematic for this one or possibly one of its close siblings do you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.