hifonics 1606d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It’s a loud noise. Similar to the “This is a test of the emergency broadcasting system” sound that plays (or use to play) through the television years back. The noise is not dependent on the engine running. The engine itself can be off and the noise and its levels are the same. I also turned the stereo volume level down to zero on the stereo however the amp still plays ringing whine noise through the subs.

It’s a loud noise. Similar to the “This is a test of the emergency broadcasting system” sound that plays (or use to play) through the television years back. The noise is not dependent on the engine running. The engine itself can be off and the noise and its levels are the same. Volume level of the stereo is set to zero however the ringing whine still plays through the speakers. I have noticed that it only starts after listening to music for about 10 minutes at moderate volume levels. Once the amp cools down, it plays normal for about another 5 to 10 minutes then its statrs back again.

Ive attaced pics of what ??could?? posibily be the issue. Im not sure however.

Attachments

• IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG0239.jpg
    IMAG0239.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 99
That appears to be fixative that has been overheated. The resistor normally runs hot and can cause the fixative to change color. If you're concerned about it, you can pull the fixative off of the resistor and apply a different type of fixative.

If that's not it, it could be due to an intermittent connection (short or open). When it begin to make the noise, push on various components and various points on the board to see if you can change the tone. Use a non-conductive probe (wood, fiberglass...).

I've also noticed yesterday that the stereo does not need to be on for an certain amount of time before it starts to make noise. Seems to simply coincide with the outside temperture here in Houston. Temp in my truck read 97. Soon as I turned stereo on, amp was maknig the noise.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.