"Old School" Nakamichi TD-700

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have this wonderful cassette deck....

Does anyone know if the cassette heads in Nakamichi-made stereos for Lexus SC300/SC400 are the same??

I want to buy a few backup heads in case mine wears out on the TD-700. I had new belts put in recently and the tech mentioned the heads had some wear. Yet, it still sounds incredible!!

-or-

anyone know of a good tech in the US that can fix worn heads for a reasonable price? I've seen a few websites where heads can be repaired instead of replaced?

It's unlikely that you'll find a direct replacement head unless it's from a very similar deck. You should check with Nak to see if they have any left in stock. The part number is:
ga02203b

Heads are generally resurfaced when they have a groove worn in them. It simply brings the level of the unworn material down the level of the worn area.

This deck has a loading gear that fails. It's poorly designed and splits along a weak point in the gear. I had some replacements at one time but can't find them at the moment.

On the attached diagram, which gear is it?

Attachments

• td700a.gif
    td700a.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.