Helmet amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, my name is Sasha. This is my first post here.
I need to build an headphone amp for the headphones I build into motorcycle helmet. The drivers are scavenged from PC headset, but don`t remember it`s impedance.
It don`t have to be Hi-Fi quality but needs to be powered with single power supply (12-14.2V). Can you recommend some decent compact circuit please.
Last night I`ve built a circuit with NE5532 powered from single 9V battery, but it didn`t worked.

If this project is intended for use on the highway, or any road occupied by other vehicles, I would have to advise against it. Hearing what goes on around you is a really important part of surviving on the road.
This should be a part of motorcycle intercom system which will have GPS, music and PMR radio inputs.
Such commercial units already exists, and I don`t see any safety problem using it, as long as you keep sound on reasonably level.
There is no difference if you play loud music in your car or motorcycle while driving.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.