Soundstream Reference 705s in need of repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
not sure if it's permissible to ask if anyone out there knows how to get such an amp repaired. SoundStream will no longer take it in for repair as they no longer have parts for it. I'm striking out finding someone local to repair it. Anyone know of a shop (local to Atlanta GA), or via mail that will still repair these classic amps?

not sure if it's permissible to ask if anyone out there knows how to get such an amp repaired. SoundStream will no longer take it in for repair as they no longer have parts for it. I'm striking out finding someone local to repair it. Anyone know of a shop (local to Atlanta GA), or via mail that will still repair these classic amps?

Whats wrong with it ? I have a stash of parts for these if you need something. Let me know :)

The right front channel operates intermittently. It takes very high volume to trigger it to begin working. Most of the time if volume is still high it works. Periodically it will sound scratchy. Once the volume is turned down, its hit or miss if it works.

I may have found a local repair outfit, but I may still need parts if the repair shop does not have it. Thanks much!

The right front channel operates intermittently. It takes very high volume to trigger it to begin working. Most of the time if volume is still high it works. Periodically it will sound scratchy. Once the volume is turned down, its hit or miss if it works.

I may have found a local repair outfit, but I may still need parts if the repair shop does not have it. Thanks much!

Either bad switches or bad solder on the driver boards. You should be able to get a reasonable flat rate if its this sort of repair issue....Best of luck :)

Thanks all for your suggestions! I did find a guy who fix the issue in 1 hour. I was just a bad switch. He said it looked like it had a nick on it from a screwdriver. Strange. Anyhow, she's like new. just need to get by subs re-foamed and I'm totally back in business. Thanks again all!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.